Sunday, January 23, 2011

Terrariums


After viewing a segment on The Growing Trend in Terrariums,  on Sunday Morning, I decided a terrarium, or three, would be just the thing to bring some life into my dinning room. 




For $5 a piece, at TJ Maxx/Home Goods, I purchased  three candle hurricanes. Loved the price and was reassured that if/when the plants die I can replace them with big pillar candles!






I bought 6 small plants from Home Depot and a bag of potting soil. I found it easier to pour in a bit of dirt, set the plants in and then fill in the gaps with the soil. I used Boston Fern, Hoya, small succulents and Peperomia.
I have owned this terrarium for years, and it
continues to thrive with a misting of water once a month. 

*Update: found "moss" coasters at Homespun Treasures.

3 comments:

  1. These look like fun! Maybe when we make a home we'll make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie your are SOOOOO amazing!!! I LOVE THIS!!! How talented are you? Just love this. You really ARE the nice Martha Stewart AND a wonderful educator! Martha can't compete! xoxo carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm. i think i'm just the legal martha stewart

    ReplyDelete