Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Odd



I have a tendency to decorate in three’s---











When accessorizing try 3’s,5’s or one large piece, using odd numbers is basically a fail safe decorating technique. Think of a triangle with the lowest object in front.  I always remember  working  diligently  on my Girl Scout  Arts and Crafts badge, when I was ten years old.  We visited a florist  who taught us to include three levels when we were designing an arrangement, heaven, people and  the earth.











I have added a beautiful trio of glass sent to me by my cousin Karen, a serious
Blenko glass collector.




4 comments:

  1. And with my Blenko glass, I tend to decorate in groups of 45, 57.

    Just kidding (a little). Last count the collection was up to close to 100 and has taken over all the flat surfaces downstairs and is heading upstairs to get a toehold on the bookcases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you send me a photo? I want to write about collections. Plus,
    I just want to see all of your glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me take a bunch this weekend (we're supposed to have some sun), so that I can set the best pieces up on the dining room table with the sun coming through to show them off to their best advantage.

    Grandma's Blenko water pitcher was the inspiration. I wonder who has it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember a pitcher, was it usually displayed?

    ReplyDelete