Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rearrange a room without sweating or swearing

I have a difficult time envisioning a furniture arrangement without pushing the couch physically from one end of the room to the other. But my niece directed me to the Bassett Room Planner , where you can create the dimensions of your room and drag either generic pieces or photo representations of  furniture around your plan.
      
We used this site when we began planning a master suite addition onto our home. It really helped us think about structural features like window placement based on where you would logically place the furniture.

Give it a try at:
Bassett Room Planner




1 comment:

  1. I wish this had been available to the architects of my 1972 townhouse when they were designing my house. I still walk in the front door, look down the hallway to the kitchen and think "What were *they* thinking back then?"

    Other than the weird hallway, however, I like the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete