Wednesday, January 5, 2011

BIG WALL/ small budget

I imagined a series of botanicals on this large wall and collected leaves from the trees in my yard. I pressed them in layers of newspaper and piled on large books and weights for about month. The frames are inexpensive, I bought them at JoAnn Fabric and spray painted them first pewter, which didn't provide much contrast and then dark bronze. I used watercolor paper to provide some texture in the background. The leaves clockwise from upper left...
Honey Locust, Hickory, Sweet Gum, Ash, Red Oak and Maple.

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Easy and beautiful. I will have to make some at the Farm. Thanks, Suz - XO, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi, Pick your leaves EARLY in the spring, before any insects get a chance to nibble on them!

    Heart,
    s.

    ReplyDelete